Microsoft Windows, a must have for every middle class home is no longer true. Everybody is buying phones. Either Android or iPhone and occasionally WinPhone. Windows Desktop is no longer relevant. All the developers moved to Browser or Mobile. All the users happily moved to web or apps. Except office, Adobe no major apps continue to innovate for Windows desktop. Is there any miracle in pipeline to reverse the tide?
Doesn’t seem to be so. Microsoft is trying to move towards single OS for all screens hoping it will somehow solve its developer problem. But no positive signs in that direction.
At the same time Microsoft is concentrating on enterprise market and cloud market. Both of them turning out to be its bread and butter for future. At least stock market thinks so.
What else it can do?
Idea: Introduce Home-Server concept!
No more home-PC, it will be home-server. Or PS – Personal Server! Unlike the past – now middle class homes are generating too much of digital content. Everything is either going to specific clouds or to Google servers! Introduce a concept of MyData, MyHardware, MyControl. Every home will have servers. (no more PCs); Developers can take advantage of APIs and can write data, analyze the data, improve customers life greatly. Data is the most valuable asset. Complete ownership, privacy, security is divine gift one can wish for!
This will nurture a new developer echo system very soon.
For example based on the data in PS’s we could have apps around
- What is my ideal sleep time?
- How is my health?
- Where is my daughter now? Where is my family in past three days?
- Most liked photo in my album.
- My video dairy
- How much time the light is on in past week?
- How many times garage door opened?
- When is water filter change time?
- Auto prepare my shopping cart for the week.
- What am I doing 10 years back.
- Auto write my auto biography so far!
- How to be happy?
- what makes me happy?
- what makes me sad?
- What are my strengths? weaknesses ?
Taking IOT concept, edge computing into consideration. Allowing sharing of data with friends and family servers. We could have much better app scenarios.
- What is the fad in neighbors now?
- Who are potential friends I haven’t yet met in my neighbors?
- Who had three D printer in my neighborhood?
- Display garage sales happening
- What is my father doing now in India?
- Suggest new hobbies for me
- Who can give me training on xyzzy?
- who needs training on abcd?
May be all is not lost yet.
Opportunity: Every damn innovation now a days requires gathering data. But all the data belonging to a home is widely scattered. There is simply no way to cross reference data, unless both solutions are coming from same company. Once PSs comes live any solution can input data to PS in predefined format. Same can be queried by other solutions after proper permissions sharing handling. Of course no direct access to data is allowed only via predefined APIs yadha yadha!
This will also be biggest blow to its competitors. Who’s bread and butter is selling users data in one form or other form. Now Users own their data, it is not straightforward to sell it!
What more? There are thousands of patents as the arena is very new!
Idea2: Phone is PC. (Phone + Docking station + Screen)
Just like after laptops the desktops are optional. after phones we could make laptops/Desktops optional. We need to make docking stations innovative. Everything else we need will be in phone. Phone is new PC. Microsoft should start selling these docking stations which makes any phone (Android, iPhone, WinPhone) as PC! The Phone + docking station + screen (either smart TV or a separate monitor or existing laptop/desktop screen). All the Windows apps will run on docking stations but uses data from phone, writes data to phone. User folder will be on phone. (that is MyDocuments, MyPictures, etc.. will be on phone instead of PC).
First time I saw these in USA supermarkets I am clueless of these fruits. But in frenzy to try new things I bought a bag of these Avocados from Costco. Still clueless what to do with them. They stayed on shelf for a week and became ripe and ripe Avocados looked gross to me. I couldn’t bring myself to try anything with them. My wife is more conservative when it comes to food. She didn’t even pretended to acknowledge their presence but moved them to fridge. After two weeks on a fine Sunday they were relocated to trash.
Things might have stayed same if not for a visit to Chipotle with cousin. I loved Guacamole. I my God I don’t believe it is not Indian version of some Chat.
Then did some Google search about guacamole recipe. Surprise! It is made from Avocados.
To be careful this time got only one Avocado from tradersjoe. Followed instructions. Did video search about how to peel this fruit.
Pretty easy and delicious awesome evening snack. Loved it with tortilla and even Karappoosa.
Just cut onions add Avocado squeeze a fresh lemon add coriander leaves. Optionally add a pinch of salt a d couple of green chilies. Mash it to your liking a d eat with tortillas.
Usually takes 30 minutes
So, it is more or less clear Balakrishna is coming up with Aditya 999 movie.
What to expect in the movie?
- Grand graphics. From Bahubali and to some extent Gautami Putra Satakrani Telugu directors figured out a way to include decent graphics cost effectively. Thus we can expect the same grand graphics from Aditya 999.
- A great historical war (again with grand graphics, weapons & galore). Aditya 369 the past is more or less with literary wars and internal skirmishes. But Aditya 999 can take us to a time frame with grand war. A caution, Indian cinema never figured out a way to show fighting between Muslim and Hindu kings. It is too sensitive to touch. So they completely made it either one sided or ignored it. For example in Aditya 369 Srikrishna devaraya didn’t go to war, not even to Gajapatulu. In Gautami Putra Satakarni we were taken to pre-muslim era. I know from reliable sources one of the top four heros rejected making a movie on Chatrapati Shivaji, thinking he will loose Muslim fanbase permanently. So we may need to take Aditya 999 into a pre-muslim era. Couple of things come to my mind. a) Srikakulandhra Mahanishnu era. b) Hala Satavahana era. c) Rani Rudrama era. d) Dasa Raja yudhdha era. e) Srikrishna Devaraya Vs Gajapti yudhdham era.
- But if director is more serious, they can take a hit on our caste system. The better era for this is Budhistic era. How come whole of Andhra and Telangana converted to Budhism. We could simply concentrate on one simple incident and show the worst of rigid caste system. One of the titles of most of our Kings are “Varnasrama dharma rakshana” Or something similar to this. What is the impact of it if it is literally implemented?
- Now the future session. We need to come up with something good. We could show future Amaravati city. And where will it lead Telugu folks.
- But what is this Aditya 999 machine? We know Aditya 369 is time machine. And hero clearly gave his disapproval for its purpose. What could the genius scientist comes up with? He comes up with a timeMachine + Parallel universe travel machine. So not only they can go to past and future, but also to different parallel universes. So the director can take more artistic freedom. Things don’t need to be same.
- Also Aditya 999 can actually come to current time from future. Because of incidents in previous film, the professor wants to take extra security. He includes DNA recognition into the machine. So only hero (or one of his descendants ) can actually operate the machine. So in future the villain kills everybody in hero’s lineage including the small kids and those in womb. (similar to Aswathama killing all Pandavas); The only way left for dying head of the house, is to go past and get help from where all this started. This is where Mokshagna take over mantle from Balakrishna who comes back from future. Mokshagna goes to future a little earlier than villain kills and saves everybody.
- We need a disturbance (or trouble, or problem) in current time. and it must be connect to past and future sessions. Perhaps same villain lineage. (Our folks love it)
- Grand climax.
- We could keep Kodi pandaalu as one of connecting point to all three times. Past, current and future could be played with virtual cocks! Once the movie released we could release a game on mobiles to make more money on advertisements. A better game!
- One of the problems with previous movie and Telugu folks didn’t mind much. But we could improve it now. It is never one person’s job to create something so big as time machine. There must be an army of employee to work on it. It could still be one person who designs finishes. The others involves may not even know where that component is going. But in the end it requires an army to finish such great/big projects. And it needs lot of money. So our scientist could invest in stocks after first movie and make hell a lot of money. Hell, he could even have a super computer which invests in stocks and makes money for him. He could even call it some funny relevant name e.g.. Lukky (indeed)
- (updated on Jan 29th 2017) – on point ‘2’ above we talked about the past where Aditya 999 should take us. On ‘9’ we talked about how Kodi Pandaalu could be connecting between all three timelines. (Past, future and present). That leaves us with only one beautiful option. The past hero and gang goes to Palnati time! When the Kodi pandaalu is being organized Nagamma Vs Brahmanaidu. Actually Brahmanaidu’s kodi wins the competition then villain uses some invisible weapon to freeze Brahmanaidu kodi and thus Nagamma Kodi wins to the shocking surprise of everybody. This is why history is so vague about how Nagamma Kodi inspite of being so pathetic when compared to Brahmanaidu Kodi wins the competition. The ones who sang Palnati Yudhdham later doesn’t know about invisible weapon and they assumed something fishy being done by Nagamma and settled to poison knife theory.
- Palnati yudhdham being the past timeline also solves us villain problem beautifully. The body guard of Nagamma is Veerabhadra. He is the one who is present on all three timelines. Past/Present/Future. He is internal servant of Nagamma and her descendants. Nagamma gives him sanjeevani secret she gets from an Himalayan saint. But he need to go into cryogenic sleep and can wake up only once for 500 years. To make things more interesting he is the one who visits Nagamma in the past and gives Sanjeevani (which is nothing but some advanced medicine, cryogenic engine from future) to her to save her, but Nagamma instead gives it to Veerabhadra. At the time of giving Sanjeevini secret Veerabhadra is not aware that he is the Yogi figure from history. He fulfills his own destiny making him immortal for 1500 years. There is a cult of Nagamma to protect Veerabhadra in cryogenic sleep.
The majority of the Telugu folks across the globe are ignoring the upcoming Sankranthi movies, but at the same time vocal minority proactively taking things to peak madness regarding the upcoming two movies of this Sankranthi 2017. One is Khaidi No. 150 coming from Chiranjeevi the other is Gautami Putra Satakarni coming from Balakrishna.
For any sane person this doesn’t make any logical sense. So, how to understand this insane mass hysteria?
To understand this, we need to look at human beings at all places, not only Telugu folks. Human beings always need some roll model, be it gods, heroes, knights or kings. May be it is something we inherited from animals, follow the strong, emulate the strong, survival instinct. Those who followed strong, those who emulated the strong survived and passed their jeans successfully, along with the jeans the same traits passed on.
What if we don’t want to be part of this madness? May be we will become extinct just like countless others in the past for millions of years. Better thing to do is to redirect our energies to some other exciting thing. So what is that better positive thing? (Leave a comment with your ideas….)
And the Yandamoori Vs Nagababu Vs Varma episode. Any publicity is good publicity. People should talk about us, what they talk doesn’t matter. I believe this is a simple marketing gimmick. A well scripted, acted, played one. Best thing is ignore it. don’t become part of it (Alas! Just like I did in this para)
Movie is powerful tool. A society which uses it carefully, advances exponentially. For the past fifty years, Telugu movies played commendable role in the progress of our Telugu society. Every decade they played vital role in directing Telugu energies. They have subtle narrative of our manifest destiny. One of the reasons for BIMARU states backwardness is lack of independent movie industry! But now for the Telugu movies, the path seems to be diverging away from its overall positive role in setting future narrative, and the gap is increasing. I hope our creative directors will take things in right direction by following their heart, by being independent, by being calculated capitalistic. Let us keep watching the movies and be part of our tribe!
See you after Sankranthi with two reviews 🙂
Does people forgive Chiranjeevi and accept him back as a hero rather than a failed politician who settled things only for elite around him and ignored completely about the voters who voted for him.
Does people accept Balakrishna in the most powerful character of recent past even with Director Krish magic?
What do you say?