Twitter is great – for celebrities, media and folks inside media.
But for common-man twitter is chaos. Nothing much to offer for them other than keeping up to date which also not possible due to its infinite chaos. Even if one follows ten people, it is impossible to feel satisfied. It is always unfinished – forcing people to run away to other social networking sites or moving on with life.
One idea to save Twitter from this self destructing nature. InDoor
Allow people to make their own twitter.
- Anybody can create an indoor twitter.
- Example twitter.com/indoor/myFamily or twitter.com/indoor/myTeam
- Tweets inside indoor are for members only.
- Every member follows every other member by default this setting can be changed either globally or per member by moderator.
- One can unfollow any member.
- One can retweet public tweets to indoor only.
- Once on indoor there won’t be any confusion whole twitter interface remains same, except everything now applies to indoor account. Users can easily exit indoor and go to public twitter.
This should make twitter more useful to common members who are not celebrities. This will put twitter in direct competition with What’sapp for family/friend groups + slack/teams for office groups.
Once basic structure is there – we could go on innovating much more.